In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Steve Gottheim, General Counsel for ALTA. You can contact Steve via email.
During their conversation, Steve or Mary mentioned:
- The American Bankers Association sues the CFPB over proposed changes to their supervisory manual.
- UDAP, or Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices.
- In December 2022, the CFPB issued a consent order against Wells Fargo, which came with a hefty fine of $3.7 billion.
- Steve explains the House Freedom Caucus and its role among a divided government.
- Read about the concerns Republicans are raising about the CFPB’s recent actions.
- Steve anticipates the Treasury Department will file a proposal that would require real estate transactions to go through a money laundering program.
- Find the 2022 Biden Administration’s Regulatory Agenda and Plan here.
- Mary and Steve discuss the possibility of the acceptance of alternatives to title insurance. Take a look at ALTA’s research on the risks associated with these alternatives.
- Sign up for ATLA’s Title Action Network (TAN) to become an advocate for the title industry.
You can now reach the Commitment Matters Podcast via phone! Got a topic or guest idea you want featured? Leave us a voice message at 214.377.1807 or email us at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast
Please note the date that this episode was published as it contains time-sensitive materials.