In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Diane Tomb, CEO of ALTA. Diane can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
During their conversation, Diane or Mary mentioned:
- ALTA quickly worked to ensure Title and Settlement was designated as an essential business when the pandemic hit.
- Shortly after the pandemic shut down, Diane and her team were able to present an aggregation of COVID resources and build out an informational library for Remote Online Notarization and eClosings.
- Simultaneously, ALTA was developing the SECURE Notarization Act.
- Diane mentions it’s important to tell our story well. Here’s more on that initiative.
- In fact, ALTA’s Advocacy program was a topic of conversation throughout the interview. Check out ALTA’s Advocacy page to learn more.
- Introverts or not…ALTA Members are plentiful. Check out the Member Database.
- Are you up to speed on the Safe Banking Act and 1031 Exchanges? Both are critical legislative conversations right now.
- Diane is a member of the International Women’s Forum of Washington DC and once worked for the National Association of Women Business Owners. For more on the topic, Mary loves this memorable article on women in the workplace.
- Mentoring is important to Diane and Mary…but how can you find a mentor? Plus, joining ALTA and networking through its committees and events is a great way to find a mentor (and build your peer network).
- ALTA ONE offers a virtual option this year…if you can’t make it to New Orleans, you can still be part of the experience.
- Mary noted the conference schedule is robust with many timely topics. Review the schedule here.
- ALTA Education opportunities abound. Do you know about all the resources available to your business?
- ALTA ONE will be held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside – and the staff can’t wait to see everyone.
- The ALTA Good Deeds Foundation is just over a year old! Learn more about it here, and apply for a charitable grant for your business!
- Mary mentioned a previous episode of Commitment Matters with ALTA’s General Counsel, Steve Gottheim.
- Diane noted Representatives Madeline Dean and Kelly Armstrong introduced the ALTA SECURE Notarization Act on the House Floor. And, Senators Mark Warner and Kevin Kramer introduced the companion bill.
- Want to check in on the Reconciliation Bill Diane and Mary mentioned?
- Mary pointed out Diane’s unique background – read her ATLA bio.
- Here’s more on the Appropriations Restrictions.
- The ALTA ONE conference kicks off Oct 12th in New Orleans.
- As Diane noted, ALTA is dedicated to doing all they can to present a COVID-safe experience. Learn more about their protocols.
- If you need help preparing a pitch to attend a professional conference, check out this article and put this template to use!
If you’d like to contact the Commitment Matters podcast, email email@example.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast