In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Cynthia Blair: COO, owner and founding member of Blair Cato Pickren Casterline, LLC. During their conversation, Cynthia or Mary mentioned:
- Both Mary and Cynthia recommend getting involved with ALTA, via its robust slate of committees, to impact career growth. Cynthia specifically speaks fondly of the Educational committee and Title council.
- Cynthia and Mary share about their first experiences at the ALTA Advocacy Summit and encourage listeners to attend the spring event in 2023!
- Cynthia tells of the profound impact her ALTA board service had on her life. Here’s a link to our current ALTA Board of Governors.
- The proposed revisions to ALTA Best Practices Framework – which was posted for public comment through September 1, 2022 – is reviewed, from its history to its use as a business tool.
- The Digital Closings Workgroup started in 2017 as RON platforms were being created and continues to expand as technology evolves. Cynthia currently serves on this ALTA committee and unpacks some of their latest work. Here’s a link to ALTA’s many Digital Closing resources.
- Mary asks about Cynthia’s experience at the regional level of the Mortgage Bankers Association – and its significant legislative work.
- In discussing the current market, Cynthia mentions the tremendous volume of the past few years but notes the beginning of a slowdown – and how the increase of mortgage rates factors into this.
- Cynthia and Mary hope to see you at this year’s ALTA ONE!
Got a topic or guest idea you want featured? Leave a voice message at 214.377.1807 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast