In this SPECIAL EDITION episode, Mary talks with Mark Lowery, Editorial Director at October Research, who lends his expertise in unpacking their 2021 State of the Industry report. This free download offers key insight about what 2021’s story will be. You can reach Mark via email at email@example.com.
During the interview, Mary and Mark mention:
- October Research recently published their 2021 State of the Industry report.
- Industry underwriters, Old Republic Title, Fidelity National Title Group, and First American Title recently published their earnings reports.
- The newly appointed, but not yet confirmed, CFPB director is expected to be Rohit Chopra. Read more about him in this article.
- The CFPB filed a lawsuit against Townstone Financial Inc., a Chicago-based nonbank retail-mortgage creditor.
- RON and RIN are key points of interest in this year's report. ALTA has created a Digital Closing Resource Library, including information on Federal and State legislation. You'll also want to check out this eClosing article from RamQuest!
- The Federal Housing Finance Agency released an eMortgages Report in September of 2020.
- Data Privacy is a major industry topic. Mark mentions the California Consumer Privacy Act, which you can read about in this article.
- Mark highlighted October Research's RESPA News publication.
- If you're following student loan reform, like Mark, here's a recent article on the subject.
- Redfin recently reported a record 52% of homes are under contract within 2 weeks.
- On the topic of forbearance and foreclosure, Mark mentions reading they are at an all time low. Here's an article confirming the same and this report from the FHFA speaks to the impact of pandemic-relate Forbearance and Foreclosure relief for single-family mortgages.
- Mary and Mark discuss the CLOSINGCORP/STRATMOR SURVEY regarding pandemic-period remote loan closings.
- Mark references a report that HUD is working to reallocate commercial real estate for residential space. This article offers an overview of this adaptive concept.
- Mark and Mary talk briefly about the Detroit Home Mortgage project, launched after the early aught recession, as a collaborative effort of local and national banks, foundations, and nonprofit groups. Read more about that here.
If you’d like to contact the Pandemic Podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/pandemicpodcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #PandemicPracticesPodcast