In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary learns the ins and outs of E&O policies from expert, Vick Crowe, Senior Vice President & TIAC Program Manager with B. F. Saul Insurance, Inc. You can reach Vicki by email at Vicki.Crowe@bfsaul.com. She also kindly provided a “What to look for in E&O Insurance” guide you can download here.
During their conversation, Mary or Vicki mentioned:
- ALTA offers educational resources regarding E&O Insurance.
- Vicki explained a bit about claims-made policies.
- She also briefly mentions D&O liability. Here's more on that.
- Mary and Vicki recounted an occasion when a notary mistakenly assumed their insurance was sufficient when working as a Title Agent. Here's a look at notary E&O insurance from the National Notary Association.
- Have you ever visited the website for Lloyds of London?
- Vicki repeatedly mentions the importance of reporting a claim, or completing an incident report, at the right time. Here is more advice on claims reporting for E&O insurance.
- Here's a sample of a warranty statement.
- Vicki walked Mary through the difference between Asset Purchase vs Stock Purchase of a business. Here's a bit more on that.
- I think it would be great to show a sample certificate of insurance but when I googled there were HUNDREDS and…uhmm… I do not feeI qualified to know what's right. Do you, Mary? Or, do you think Vicki might have something? Or, is this a bad call altogether? #liabilities
- Did you know about Eroding Limits of Liability?
- Mary asked about Cyber Liability with regards to E&O Insurance. Check out what B. F. Saul Insurance, Inc. offers on the topic.
- I looked for, but did not find any articles or info on RON & E&O. If anyone has anything, I'll be happy to add it!
- VIcki mentions underwriting for TIAC, the only company wholly owned and governed by title professionals.
If you’d like to contact the Commitment Matters podcast, email email@example.com.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommittmentMattersPodcast