In this episode of Commitment Matters, Mary speaks with Erica Meyer, Owner and Publisher of October Research. Erica can be reached via email at: email@example.com
During their conversation, Erica or Mary mentioned:
- The Title Industry has been slow to adopt technology but the pandemic has spurred it forward. What’s next for Real Estate technology?
- The National Settlement Services Summit (NS3) is an annual gathering, hosted by October Research, of all parties in the real estate transaction to learn from each other and collaborate.
- The Summit features two main tracks, one focused on innovation and the other on compliance.
- With more than sixty presenters, Erica highlighted this year’s keynote speakers: Brian Montgomery, Chairman & Founding Partner of Gate House Strategies LLC, Kathy Kraninger, VP Regulatory Affairs for Solidus Labs and Former Director of the CFPB, Gino Blefari CEO of HomeServices of America, and Stanley C. Middleman CEO of Freedom Mortgage.
- Mary and Erica spoke highly of the Summit’s recurring Regulator Panel and the desire attending regulatory leaders have to engage with title agents in order to understand the impact of upcoming legislation. Susan Apel leads this year’s session.
- Cannabis is still big news for the Title Industry, so one NS3 session will dive into how states are moving forward with medical and recreational allowances – and all the confusion this creates. Richard Brahmel and Art Davis lead this session.
- This year’s Summit will include a round table, Women in Business breakfast. Topics will include work life balance, overcoming fears with confidence, and how to better support one another.
- Erica mentioned her love for the book Lean In Sheryl Sandberg.
- It’s true…there are more jobs open than applicants right now, leaving title companies challenged to entice candidates into the industry.
- Erica mentioned the current popularity of mergers and acquisitions in our industry. Here’s more on that. And, as noted, business loans are abundant right now. Here’s insight from Newsweek on the topic.
- Cyber Security, Data Privacy and Wire fraud remain hot topics. Check out what recent podcast guest Chuck Cain offers on the matter, or our Tyler Adams episode to learn practical tactics to better protect your company from fraud.
- Last month, Colorado became the third state to pass comprehensive Consumer Privacy Legislation. Erica and her team vow to keep you updated as more states do the same.
- We can’t go an episode without touching on RON and RIN. This was no exception as Erica noted the minute-by-minute updates to its surrounding legislation.
- Fair Lending will be much discussed at NS3 – as it is throughout the industry.
- We’re still awaiting the confirmation of Rohit Chopra – and what the CFPB will be like once he’s in office, but NS3 attendees will learn more in the closing keynote. And, podcast listeners may remember Steve Gottheim’s insights on the matter.
- Want to submit a story or idea for October Research?
If you’d like to contact the Commitment Matters podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to subscribe, rate, and review this podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit RamQuest.com/podcast to download the latest episode.
Lastly, we love to see when and how you’re listening. Share our posts, or create your own and tag them: #CommitmentMattersPodcast